Thursday 4 September 2014

Shocking! Joan Rivers is gone.



Legendary comedienne Joan Rivers died in a Manhattan hospital today, a week after she went into cardiac arrest during a routine throat procedure.

In a statement, her daughter Melissa said the 81-year-old passed away peacefully, surrounded by her family. 
'It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers,’ Melissa Rivers said in a statement released to the press.

‘She passed peacefully at 1:17pm surrounded by family and close friends. My son and I would like to thank the doctors, nurses, and staff of Mount Sinai Hospital for the amazing care they provided for my mother.

‘Cooper and I have found ourselves humbled by the outpouring of love, support, and prayers we have received from around the world. They have been heard and appreciated."

‘My mother’s greatest joy in life was to make people laugh. Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon.’'

Tributes pour in for Joan:
We lost a great one in @Joan_Rivers - she was funny all the way to the end.'Jimmy Kimmel 
'RIP Joan Rivers. A force of nature.' Seth Myers
'A legend, a friend, a mentor, an icon, and wildly funny. One of a kind. RIP #JoanRivers.' Kathy Griffin
'We've lost a true legend today and an amazing woman - a pioneer. She opened up the arena for women in comedy' Sharon Osborne
'RIP Joan, You were a true force of nature. You will be missed.' Jack Osborne
Joan Rivers was an amazing woman and a great friend. Her energy and talent were boundless. She will be greatly missed.' Donald Trump
'RIP the mighty Joan Rivers. Funny & fearless. Truly one of a kind.' Ricky Gervais 
'My friend Joan Rivers has passed away once again to quote Billy Crystal... There are no words. Bon Voyage Joan.' Whoopi Goldberg
'Very sad to learn about Joan Rivers, a pioneer for women in comedy.' Alec Baldwin
I love this ballsy, funny, generous, shrewd, unpredictable and loyal woman. I grew up in awe of her ' Andy Cohen
'So sorry to hear the news about Joan Rivers. She was one of a kind. My heart goes out to Melissa and Cooper.' Katie Couric
Joan Rivers never failed 2 put a smile on my face with her outrageous sense of humor but also her beautiful heart. I did not know her personally but I sure did love her RIP Joan Rivers ❤️ you’re an amazing woman” Joey King
'Love Her or Hate Her, we’re gonna Miss JOAN RIVERS! I always Respected her go for broke humor. One of a kind.R.I.P.' Samuel L Jackson
'My heart is broken. Joan Rivers RIP. Gone way too soon. All my thoughts & prayers are with Melissa & her family.' Jesse Tyler Ferguson
'Oh, Joan. Thank you for being so kind to me & making me laugh until tears in those moments I got spend with you. Rest in peace.' Jordin Sparks

RIP Joan, she seemed like one of those people that would "live forever".
A funeral for Joan Rivers will be held Sunday at Temple Emanu-El.   

5 comments:

  1. Wow!hoped she would pull tru.sad.rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How terrible,sudden death no be am.rip

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least she had a good life,did what she enjoyed and lived up to a good age and also made people laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pity,death can come at any time,we should always be prepared,could be her body has had one too many surgeries.Sad

    ReplyDelete
  5. She will be missed!Nobody can dish it out like she does,no more fashion police.RIP

    ReplyDelete