Sunday 31 May 2015

''No Man Can Handle Me Apart From My Husband''- Omotola


Actress Omotola Ekeinde got married at 18 and has said her husband is the only man who can handle her. She made this known during an interview with Vanguard, below is the excerpts from the interview:

I don’t think so, because I don’t think there is any man that can handle me apart from my husband. Not because I am a bad person, it is because I am a very strong personality. I can understand why a lot of female artistes find it very difficult to find the right person.

When you achieve some kind of success, you become really confused as to who really loves you for who you are. It’s not really easy, it is very hard finding those people who really love you. If you are not a very grounded person, you can also contribute in some kind of way to your own problems and so I might have contributed to my own problems.


You look beautiful after four kids, what do you do to maintain your looks?
People’s mouth keeps me in shape. I use everything as motivation. More realistically,I will say prayer. It sounds very weird, but that is the truth. Everybody knows I don’t diet, I can’t diet to save my life. I love food. I am a foodie. I don’t eat all the time, but whenever I eat, I don’t joke with it. It has to be prayers because that is the only thing I do really.

People sometimes mistake your being confident for being arrogant, how do you deal with that?
I can’t deal with it. I can’t help people’s mistakes.
What is that one thing nobody knows about you?
I think a lot of people don’t know that I am emotional. I am very strong and a lot of people think that nothing gets to me but I’m very emotional. I actually cry a lot. I cry for silly things. I might be watching a movie and just burst into tears.

How have you been able to stay off scandals?
I am lucky that I am well trained by God, period! I don’t try,I am who I am. Some things that are scandalous just don’t impress me or I am not impressed by them. Having said that, I try not to do something that will seem like I’m leading someone on. I just try to put my brain to use. There are so many things you can avert.

Do you think if you hadn’t gotten married early you would have been married now?
I don’t think so, because I don’t think there is any man that can handle me apart from my husband. Not because I am a bad person, it is because I am a very strong personality. I can understand why a lot of female artistes find it very difficult to find the right person.
When you achieve some kind of success, you become really confused as to who really loves you for who you are. It’s not really easy, it is very hard finding those people who really love you. If you are not a very grounded person, you can also contribute in some kind of way to your own problems and so I might have contributed to my own problems.

Is it your decision to remain married?
I am blessed, it’s a decision. It is a very intentional decision, but it’s not at the expense of anything. It’s because it’s natural. I am happy.

2 comments: