Thursday 4 June 2015

Orange Is The New Black cast glam up on Essence..

Day release: Laverne Cox and her Orange Is The New Black co-stars Uzo Aduba, Danielle Brooks, Vicky Jeudy, Adrienne C. Moore and Samira Wiley on the cover of Essence Magazine




For the latest issue of Essence Magazine, some of the stars of prison drama Orange Is The New Black switched to stylish evening wear, as they posed for the cover on an idyllic beach.
Breakout star Laverne Cox - who recently spoke out in support of Caitlyn Jenner - joined co-stars Uzo Aduba, Danielle Brooks, Vicky Jeudy, Adrienne C. Moore and Samira Wiley for the photo-session.

Speaking to the magazine, transgender actress Laverne said: 'Ten years ago I would say to myself, "I’m fat and ugly," but I look at pictures now and it's like, 'Girl...'
'Looking back, I spent so much time hating myself, and I was perfectly lovely. I mean, I am above average in looks! [Laughs]'
Adding: 'I should have always been living my life...'
Meanwhile Emmy-winner Uzo Aduba also spoke about her body confidence and revealed it took her time to fully embrace her smile.
'For the majority of my first 18 years, I hated my gap. My mom would tell me that in Nigeria, it's a sign of beauty. I was like, "We're in Massachusetts."
She went on: 'Today there's not a selfie or personal photo I take where I'm not smiling wide. It sometimes feels as if I'm making up for lost smiles.'
Yesterday, Laverne reacted to the Vanity Fair cover that revealed the woman formerly known as Bruce Jenner.

The LGBT advocate took to Twitter to say she had 'many thoughts' on Jenner's Vanity Fair cover and was sharing them in a longer blog posting.
Cox in her tweet and Tumblr posting pointed out that she graced the May 2014 cover of Time magazine with a headline of The Transgender Tipping Point.
A year and three days later, Cox noted, Jenner was on the cover of Vanity Fair with the headline 'Call me Caitlyn'.
'I am so moved by all the love and support Caitlyn is receiving. It feels like a new day, indeed, when a trans person can present her authentic self to the world for the first time and be celebrated for it so universally,' Cox wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment