Tuesday 18 August 2015

Size 18 model hailed 'the Naomi Campbell of the plus industry'

Liris Crosse, 32, is hailed The Naomi Campbell of the plus-size modelling world, has landed a top lingerie modelling campaign as she continues to crack the UK


For Liris, 32, who is now The Naomi Campbell of the plus-size modelling world, certainly came from humble beginnings.
When starting out, her statuesque form, cat-like eyes, full lips and flawless complexion got Liris in the door of most model agencies, but she admits her voluptuous shape landed her on the shelf. Until now.
Liris, who grew up in Baltimore, Maryland, is proving her doubters wrong and now she's taking the UK by storm after landing a new lingerie campaign.
Liris, who is signed to Hughes Models, is the first black model to represent Goddess Lingerie and says she appreciates them 'seeing the beauty in her as a model.'
Writing on her blog, Liris said: 'It is a great step for model diversity within the industry! They didn’t book me cause I am black model but rather I was the best model for the job.
'I can’t begin to tell you the excitement from the buyers of all shapes, sizes, races and gender about my shoot for the line. A few commented that their customers would be so excited to see “someone like them” or they are glad to see some diversity.'
Liris explains that she is 'extremely excited and proud' to be a part of the company’s history and hopes to continue to be an inspiration to women everywhere.  
Speaking to FEMAIL about her desire to crack the modelling industry from a young age, Liris said: 'I can recall studying all the major fashion magazines as a little girl so I could see Tyra Banks and my model idol, Naomi Campbell,' she said of her earliest fashion memories. 'I watched fashion TV for all the runway shows and obsessed over Naomi Campbell's runway walk. 
'I still idolise her poise, body and skin to this day and I practiced in my mother's heels back and forth in the kitchen. I'm honored that the plus fashion world calls me the "Naomi of Plus" because she's taught me from afar unknowingly.'Liris has also booked top videos for the likes of Jennifer Lopez, Jay Z, Puff Daddy, starred on MTV and landed film roles

When she started out, Liris admits her voluptuous shape landed her on the shelf - but that's all changed nowSpeaking about her latest coup, she said: 'It is a great step for model diversity within the industry! They didn’t book me cause I am black model but rather I was the best model for the job'Liris explains that she is 'extremely excited and proud' to be a part of the company’s history as she becomes the first black model to work for themLiris has also booked top videos for the likes of Jennifer Lopez, Jay Z, Puff Daddy, starred on MTV and landed film rolesLiris Crosse always dreamed of being a model but had a tough time breaking into the industry with many people telling her to lose weight to succeed - but the size 18 model (US 14) proved them wrong

2 comments:

  1. Va! va! vooom! Go gurl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww nice.its great to see that society is becoming more tolerant of some positive things like this but too tolerant of negative things like homosexuality.she looks great but am sure Naomi may not be thrilled with the comparison with her fiery temper :)

    ReplyDelete