Monday, 14 September 2015

Police arrest 66-year-old man & his wife for writing WAEC exams for their kids

A 66-year-old retired federal civil servant, Fredrick Omorieve and his wife, Evelyn Omorieve, both residents of Asaba, Delta State, have been arrested by police detectives in the state for allegedly writing WAEC examinations for their two children.
The couple allegedly sat in an examination hall for one of the WAEC examination subjects in one of the ‘miracle centres’ operating in the state for their two children (male and female), before they were found and arrested.
The police, who were said to have acted on a tip-off, swooped on the couple in the examination hall after which they were taken to the police station where their statements were taken and they were later released on bail.
Confirming their arrest, the police commissioner in the state, Alkali Baba Usman, said their case file was transferred from the Edo State Police Command to Asaba after they were said to have jumped bail for alleged examination malpractice.
He explained that the couple, who were arrested when the examination was ongoing, were later released on bail but jumped bail and that they were rearrested around Deeper Life Church Street, Anwai Road, Asaba, on Saturday, for the offence of jumping bail and are presently helping the police with further investigation.
The suspects succumbed to pressure to assist two out of their six children with the examinations, after repeated failed attempts, following which they registered for the examination in one of the secondary schools in the state notorious for aiding examination malpractice, popularly referred to as ‘miracle centre.’
Those close to the couple said they decided to carry out the act after some of their friends and neighbours had done same successfully.
Informed sources said the proprietor of the school, Aigboje Benson, had allegedly tried to bribe the police detectives who also stumbled on other students writing the examination with the aid of the teachers, but his efforts met a brick wall when the police insisted on taking the suspected couple to the police station where they were detained and subsequently granted bail.

Leadership Newspaper

1 comment: