Sunday 18 October 2015

Monalisa Chinda opens up about the challenges of being a single mum....


It has been over five years that actress Monalisa Chinda and her ex- hubby, Segun Dejo-Richards, broke up. Dejo-Richards has gone ahead to remarry but Mona, as she is popularly called, has yet to do so.


In a chat with Saturday Beats recently, the actress said she is still open to marriage and opened up on the challenge she deals with as a single mum.
Motherhood has been very lovely but being a single mother has been very challenging. There is a huge difference between being a mother and being a single mom. 
When you are a single mom, you have to do everything yourself, you have to be the mother, father, driver, teacher, name it. If you don’t have a help, you have to switch on the generator, drop and pick the child from school; it is crazy. You have to help her with her homework and if I have to travel, I would have to bribe my secretary to stay in my house for some nights so that she can help my daughter with her homework. 
It is a lot of mental work. I have got used to it and if I don’t take care of my daughter, nobody will do it for me. 
I love the whole concept and idea of love. I am open to love and marriage that would work. Marriage is always a better option and I love to be loved. I hope to have more children because I had always wanted to have three children. Three is just perfect but it depends. I can never go back to my ex-husband but we maintain a cordial relationship because he is the father of my child. He speaks to his child whenever he wants to.
Addressing the rumours of beef between herself and Rita Dominic, Monalisa said
Rita Dominic and I are not at loggerheads. We just drifted apart and she is still my sister. We went to the same school. I do not think that anybody should have a permanent enemy or a permanent friend. As you grow up in this big industry, your interests start to differ and that is just what happened.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with no permanent enemy and no permanent friend.

    ReplyDelete