Wednesday 3 January 2018

Julia Nepper started college at 12, now has Ph.D. at 23

Image result for picture of julia nepper


Most preteens spend their time hanging out with friends. But that wasn’t the case for Julia Nepper. At just 12-years-old she started college in North Carolina, and now at the age of 23, she just earned her Ph.D.
According to WECT, Nepper’s parents pulled her out of school when she was a child because they didn’t think she was being challenged enough. She began her college career at Cape Fear Community College. She earned her associates degree at age 14; her bachelor’s degree from UNCW at age 16; and most recently, her Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin at age 23.
“Most of the people I’ve met, in my life, could have done what I did if they had the right support,” Nepper told WECT. “I don’t fault my parents, pushing me, with regards to my education. Clearly, I could handle it and it worked. So they must have done something right.”
Image result for picture of julia nepper


Now, Nepper plans to experience the “real world” and look for a full-time job. She is considering looking for a job in Japan.
“I’ve been in college most of my life and I haven’t really been in the real world,” she said. “It’s exciting but actually scary to go out and get a job.”


Wow! 
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Though I really admire her academic prowess I'm of the opinion that kids should be kids,grow and do things when they should and their age mates, cos what's really the hurry? She may end up not being normal and well balanced child. Call me old fashioned

    ReplyDelete