Tuesday 2 July 2013

''The University of Marriage''- Folorunsho Alakija

 

This is the title of the book written by the Richest Black Woman in the world. I watched her Studio 53 Extra interview with Eku Edewor.

Some of the things she said that struck me is the values she has instilled in her four sons- humility and respect for people. She said she juggles her business and family responsibility by prioritizing.
She is also the CEO and Founder of a Non Governmental Organization Rose of Sharon Foundation, she has changed the lives of numerous widows and orphans through their various charity initiatives, scholarships and empowerment programmes.

She has been married for 35 years and her response on how to have a long lasting marriage? She said two valid things:

Communication- do not bear grudges or you are heading for trouble and always say what's on your mind because your spouse is not clairvoyant...the key word here is ''speak''

Love- do things together a a couple, go out together, take time out together..the key word here is ''together''.


Una don hear am :-) #wisesayingsfromarichwoman .What's your take?

3 comments:

  1. I saw that interview too & those two things also struck me. I was really impressed by her wisdom & love for God. She's a great woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah! Now am patiently waiting for my hubby to come home so I can confront him with "stuffs" I've been bottling up for the past 5yrs. Today na today....!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rotfl@16.18..serously today na today

    ReplyDelete