Sunday 24 November 2013

Would you rock Chimamanda's ''70's throwback'' look?



Renowned author, Chimamanda Adichie loves all things African, in this photo she is rocking ''isi owu'', a popular thread hairstyle back in the day, under her gold silk scarf and a patchwork native outfit trimmed with ''mkpuru oka'' fabric on the sleeves and neck, her pair of  knee high black boots gives her wholesome throwback African look a modern twist.

''Mkpuru oka'' was a popular and  trendy fabric back in the 70's & 80's, ''isi-owu'' hairstyle is another story altogether....Brings back memories :-)

10 comments:

  1. Chimamanda, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and i love that she wore boots, gives it an edgy look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nwa oma!my own african fashionista!me like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Refreshingly different n' chic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her dressing,infact I love her looks but I would never rock the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks really good even with the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She get mind sha and i like that@ isi owu hair

    ReplyDelete