Saturday 22 March 2014

People think they can cheat me because of my size –Chris Ngige



The Senator representing Anambra Central in the National Assembly,  who also contested the November 16, 2013 governorship election in Anambra State,  Senator Chris Ngige,  during an interview with spoke with SUNDAY ABORISADE , he made some interesting comments, below is an excerpt of the chat:

Anytime you contest election, it is always trailed with controversies, why?
Because they are looking at my size. They underrate me. They say this is a very small man that they can go and undo very easily. That is it. Even as a governor, they said this is a small governor, we can put him in a toilet, we can kidnap him. But I am always fighting back. Even as a child, I was small in class and my mates would bully me but I did fight back, and the bullies usually got injured when they fought me. From primary to secondary school, I remained myself. I stay on my own, I don’t look for trouble but I don’t run away from trouble either. That is the situation.
What gives you the impression that you could win another governorship election in Anambra State?
I am relying on the people. They will vote for me because they believe in me.
Looking back now, how do you feel about the Okija saga?
Why do you want to go to that area? The Okija saga has been over-flogged. But you know that I went to Okija and I told the world that I went there. I took my Bible and I know that my prayers are stronger than any deity or whatever they have there. They are very small gods. My God is a very big God. Eighteen months after my visit there, those deities were removed. The place was converted to schools and some other things during my regime. The Federal Government sent security agents there and so many things led to others and the place was turned to a plain ground.
Do you feel bad about the saga anytime you think of it?
Of course, yes, because I thought all those things didn’t exist again and that they were mere manipulations and that once you believe in the Supreme God, and you worship him well, he can do all things for you.  There are no two Gods. Okija was a makeshift arrangement by some 419 people to hoodwink and extort money from people and do what they wanted. It is fake. I am a practising catholic. I’m a knight of the Catholic Church and I believe in everything Catholic. I practise my faith religiously and I have no apologies on that. Those who are fetish and occultic can continue but I pray that they will see the light very soon.

2 comments: