Monday, 27 April 2015

Schoolgirl abducted last year in Lagos freed by kidnappers


Precious Nwaigwe, the 15-year-old girl kidnapped in the Ajah area of Lagos State, while on her way to school in Ogun State, has been returned to Lagos about a year after her abduction.
Detectives at the State Criminal Investigation Department, together with men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, rescued the girl.
She was reported to have been dropped off in the Obalende area of Lagos State on Friday.
Precious had come to Lagos from her school to spend the holiday with her father in the Ajah area of the state.
Her father, Okoro,said that on May 24th,2014,he took her to the Sangotedo Motor Park when it was time for her to go back to school,bid her farewell without knowing the vehicle she boarded was owned by kidnappers.
A few weeks after the journey, the Nwaigwes got a call from Precious’s school, Ikenne Community College, Ikenne, Ogun State, that she had yet to arrive in the school.
The matter was reported  to policemen from the Ajah division.
About two months after the kidnap, the victim’s parents got a call from the kidnappers in the Niger Republic, who demanded a ransom of $100,000.
The kidnappers threatened to make Precious work for the ransom, if it was not paid.
Precious was later sold to a pimp, who told her parents that “it is just business”.
The victim’s father had expressed helplessness and frustration, saying the family had become bankrupt from spending much without getting any result.
The case had been transferred from the Ajah Police Division to the SCID, where a number of arrests were made.
The matter was later taken over by SARS, where it was discovered that the victim had been sold to Libya.
It was also discovered that the gir's relative l was involved in the kidnap.
One of the suspects, Kelvin Kizito, opened up to the police after undergoing a series of interrogations.
A source said, “This Kelvin had been arrested for some time now, and he had been reluctant to release information.
“But he was made to undergo some serious interrogations and drillings, and afterwards, he said he should be allowed access to a phone.
“When he was given the phone, he called one of his people and told them to release the girl because the game was up.
“The girl was released from Libya and on Friday she arrived in Lagos. She was dropped off at Obalende.”
Precious’ father confirmed that his daughter had been found.
He said, “Yes, she’s been found. I am just leaving the village and coming to Lagos as well. I will give you some more details later.”
The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Police Command, Kenneth Nwosu, said he would get back to our correspondent, but had yet to do so as of press time. 



  1. A father's nightmare. Sad! Buttat least she's alive.

  2. oh praise God! I pray for same miracle for the chibok girls...