Monday 12 October 2015

Paramedic Bride Rushes to Scene of Car Crash in Her Wedding Dress


Paramedic Responds to Crash In Her Wedding Dress


Sarah Ray, a paramedic from Tennessee, went well above the call of duty when she rushed to respond to a car crash on her wedding day, News Channel 5 reports.

Just minutes after she tied the knot with her husband, Paul, on Oct. 3, Ray received a call that her grandparents and father got into a car accident on their way to her reception.

So, the bride and groom, both paramedics, sprung into action.

A powerful photo shows Ray holding up her wedding gown in the rain while ambulance lights flash behind her.

"My family comes in from out of town and this happened. I was scared on the way there," Ray told Channel 5.

Sarah's mother, Marcy Martin, snapped the photo of her daughter. It has since amassed more than 5,000 shares and 11,000 "likes" on Facebook.

"I love this photo because it shows her character and accentuates her beauty," Martin told Channel 5.

However, Ray says the photo made her laugh.

"I know the face that I'm giving my mom was the 'Really, mom? Right now you're taking a picture?' " she said. "I'm sure we were a sight on the side of the road for people driving by."

Paramedic Bride Rushes to Scene of Car Crash in Her Wedding Dress| Marriage, Weddings, Good Deeds, Around the Web, Real People Stories, Real Heroes

The crash occurred just two miles away from the church, according to the station. The family said that a driver slammed into their vehicle after running a red light.

No one was seriously injured, but Ray's grandmother was sent to the hospital for evaluation.

Some are calling Ray a hero (she commented on the Facebook photo, thanking all of her supporters), but she says she was just doing her job.

"Anybody in the EMS field would've done the same thing. I don't know that what I did was special," she said.

"I was just making sure my family was okay … I just happened to be in a wedding dress."

3 comments:

  1. Above and beyond the call of duty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Above and beyond the call of duty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so inspiring! Mist women won't do this on their big day but that's what humanity is about

    ReplyDelete