Tuesday 4 April 2017

Kim Kardashian: ‘My uterus is barren, I can’t carry any more kids’




The 36-year-old socialite and reality TV star has “given up” on her hope of bearing a 3rd child, after the uterus surgery she underwent was unsuccessful.
The ‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians’ star is already mother to North West, 3, and 15-month-old Saint West with husband, rap musician Kanye West.
After two high-risk pregnancies (after age 30), Kim was advised by doctors that she should not fall pregnant again. It’s possible that she had too much scarring or lesions in her uterus that would likely cause a miscarriage if she conceived naturally or via In Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
So she decided to go under the knife in a bid to “prepare” her uterus walls for another pregnancy.
Kim was desperate to get pregnant to boost the ratings for her family’s reality series, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, which is on the brink of cancellation.
Kim explained prior to the operation:
“Having more kids is definitely going to be a struggle. I’ve gone through so much with really bad deliveries that the doctors don’t feel like it’s safe for me to conceive again myself. This surgery is really the one last thing I can try. I want my kids to have siblings and I want to know that I did everything I could to make this happen.”
But on Sunday night’s episode, Kim revealed the operation failed, and that she and Kanye are considering other options, such as calling Beyonce’s surrogate who reportedly gave birth to Bey’s daughter Blue Ivy Carter, now 5.
“I can’t carry any more kids, it’s the worst,” she told close friend Jonathan Cheban on the show. “It’s not going to be happy for me.. I had a full break down. I give up.”
Speaking to her sisters Kourtney and Khloe later in the episode, Kim explained: “After everything I went through, the surgery … wasn’t successful and didn’t do anything. Kanye was really nervous about the surgery… but I know he would want to have more kids. I feel like surrogacy is the only option for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment